After a bit of procrastinating, as well as a run to Spotlight for supplies, it is finished.
Who ever knew there was so many different WADDINGS to choose from? I nearly went mad!
All pinned up
I chose to quilt in all the seams around the squares. I also did around the perimeter, as well as an extra row in the second binding.
I did wash in between the quilting and the cushion making, to make sure it puffed up nicely. No point quilting a cushion if it’s going to stay flat.
Funky vintage yellow zipper from my mother’s stash that I inherited. Wasn’t going to use a lemon yellow zip for much else, really!
The finished product. So very proud of it!
Lessons I’ve learned and things I would do differently!
1. Stitch together in blocks, not rows.
2. Use a walking foot for the quilting part. Looking for one on ebay right now!
3. I’m not as neat a sewer as I thought I was, and zips are evil. Embrace imperfection!!
Needless to say, it hasn’t put me off at all. Here’s a sneak peak of my next project! I have just bought some more fabrics to fill it out off ebay last night, but I can’t wait to take the time to get some squares cut out and started!
However, this one will have to wait a little while – I have to go and pack my new overlocker up and prepare for my first Overlocker class tomorrow morning! Sure I’ll learn all sorts of neat tips and tricks to help my sewing improve.